UVa Medical Class of 1873 in front of the Anatomical Theatre
The Anatomical Theatre was designed by Thomas Jefferson in 1825 in response to Dr. Robley Dunglison, the University of Virginia's first professor of medicine, declaring that Pavilion X would be unsuitable for the dissection of cadavers. The building was located along what is now McCormick Road, and four stones marking the corners of its footprint can be seen in the sidewalk and landscaping outside of Alderman Library. It was torn down in 1939 after the completion of Alderman in 1938.
Medical Class of 1873 in front of Anatomical Theatre
Date Created: